Langsung ke konten utama

Summary and Suggestion

1. Purpose of Practicum

          At the end of the lesson, the student should be able to:
  1. Define events
  2. Types of events
  3. Find the probability of the events
  4. Define probability of compound events
  5. Difference probability of dependent and independent
  6. Define conditional probability

2. Procedures of Practicum
          When we arrived at school, we attended the flag ceremony and there was a special welcome to us. Then, we meet the President of PSAU, the principal, teachers, staff and students. We are welcomed. Not to forget, we were introduced to our respective cooperating teachers. I will be accompanied by Mam Kreez.
          Mam Kreez is a mathematics teacher. Mam Kreez is a very kind teacher. She led me to the class he was going to teach. Introducing me to students. Mam Kreez teaches at high school and university. For high school, he has 3 teaching days in a week, which is Monday in 11th grade STEM A, Wednesday in 11th grade STEM B and Friday in 11th grade STEM A and STEM B.
           My major is actually Chemistry and I have to teach Statistics. It's rather difficult to know mathematical terms, but Mam Kreez always helps and guides me in making lesson plans. The sentence that I always remember from him is "To be a teacher, it must be flexible right? So you have to know all the subjects to be professional". She always encouraged me.

3. Outcomes of Practicum
          The students will find the probability of an events by simple sample and know the difference probability of dependent, independent and conditional probability

4. The Challenges of Practicum
          There are many challenges that I have to face in teaching students in the class.
          First and in my opinion is the biggest challenge, its about the subject matter that I teach is not in accordance with my major. My major in my University is chemistry, while the topic taught is Statistics. This made me have to study harder. Learn mathematical terms more deeply. Almost every night staying up late to learn the material that I will teach.
          Second, students are very shy to answer questions that are asked and are very noisy. Therefore I have to provoke them to be more active by giving rewards to those who dare to answer questions.
          Furthermore, most of the students I taught were very fluent in English so I had to practice harder and know as much vocabulary as possible. This is because students have been taught English from an early age, namely Class 3 Elementary School. 


5. Overall Impression
          After I taught a total of 24 hours in class, I felt very happy. I hope that what I have taught them can be understood and useful for their lives. 

6. Suggestion for Future Improvement
          The school that I lived in was very good, that's why I didn't have a suggestion for this school. the teachers in this school are very concentrated and some are even professors. They can handle high school students and college students in University very well. But in my opinion, schools should use LCD as a substitute for televisions in classrooms. Because with the LCD, the display will be bigger and clearer so that students who sit behind can also see clearly.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Teaching Practice

  1. Procedures of Teaching           First, give apperception and motivation to students about the lessons that I will give so that they attract the attention of students to know more deeply. Then, raise questions so students are more active. They answered and were rewarded. Formed a discussion group and gave students the freedom to ask questions. After that, students can draw conclusions and the teacher takes the results of evaluations from quizzes or exercises. 2. Time Management and Organizing Activities This photo when I explain the general explanation           In 1 week, I have 8 hours to teach. Each meeting has 2 hours of teaching time. I took the first hour to give apperception, motivation and a general description of the material. The next 1 hour I give material that is in the slideshow and give time to students to ask questions and complete the exercise. The discussion process took place when I was displaying a powerpoint and I watched them have something about

Pedagogical Contents and Teaching Plan

Pedagogical Contents  1. Teaching Methods           Learning methods used in high school are student-centered. The teacher gives questions about learning related to the surrounding environment. Sometimes students don't respond, the teacher must repeat the question and give a little reward for brave students. If students answer correctly, the teacher will answer "absolutely right". The teacher provokes students to ask questions and from the questions, students can describe conclusions from the lesson. 2. Learning Material and Innovation            Providing innovation to students is adjusted to the curriculum and material in the book. The teacher forms a discussion group to answer questions by means of discussion. To attract attention, the teacher displays several slideshows from Powerpoint, pictures, videos and writes light explanations on the board so that students understand more easily. 3. Sources of Learning and Technology           The main sourc